Thursday, April 23, 2015

It's only the beginning..

Hello, I am a graduating senior at the University of Michigan. In a couple of weeks I'll be graduating and I'll be starting my Master's In Higher Education this upcoming fall.
           As an immigrant, I have witnessed many of the disparities that exist within our educational system. In all honesty, when I reflect back on my journey the first thing that comes to mind is my mentors. I don't know if I would be here if it wasn't for their guidance and support. As a result, I decided to reach out to a close friend to provide the same support that helped me reach all the short/long term goals I set for myself.
           Today, I talked to him about his future and he convinced me that he was motivated to change his lifestyle for the better. I gave him a couple tasks, and I figured we could start working on his professionalism so I asked him to email me with updates tomorrow.
          Not even going to lie, this is my first time starting a personal blog. I don't know if anyone is going to read this, but since I'm doing this for personal reasons I'll blog every so often to give the 411 about this exciting experience. #Letthejouneybegin #Education #Power #JustDoIt! #GOBLUE
                           
                            - "All you need iss Ganas "

       

No comments:

Post a Comment